Step 1 Getting Started
Making an adoption plan starts with a conversation with someone who understands.
The following options may help:
- Call, email or IM an options counselor
- Request a packet of information
Step 2 Adoption Paperwork
There is paperwork, but we can help with that, too. The initial paperwork helps us to customize a plan that is right for each client.
Step 3 The Decision to Live At Home or On Our Campus
Gladney has a dorm that offers a supportive living environment, but many of our expectant mothers choose to live at home.
All clients receive:
- Exceptional medical care at no cost
- Staff attorneys to coordinate any legal work involved in the adoption
- Counseling and emotional support
- Educational opportunities
- Information exchange between adoptive parents and birth parents
- After adoption care
The Residential program also includes:
- Career development opportunities
- Activities such as movies, shopping trips, eating out, pool parties, cook-outs, and other special events going on in the Fort Worth/Dallas area
Step 4 Selecting Adoptive Parents
- An expectant mother can choose adoptive parents when she is ready.
- Each expectant mother will tell her options counselor the qualities she is searching for in adoptive parents
- The expectant mother will review profiles of carefully screened prospective parents who meet her requests.
- She can talk on the phone and meet with the adoptive family that she selected.
Step 5 Placement
- Clients can sign relinquishment papers as early as 48 hours after delivery, or any time after that.
- The child is placed with the adoptive parents.
Step 6 After Adoption
- Receive letters and photos of the child from the adoptive parents
- Access to caring, confidential counseling services
- When adoptees turn 18, they can sign our Voluntary Adoption Registry, which provides a means for birth parents and adopted children to meet when there is mutual consent
Got more questions?
For more information about
how adoption works, call 1-800-GLADNEY, or visit pregnancyhotline.org